What is Chisels & Bytes
Chisels & Bytes is created by Belgabor that is an addon for Chisels & Bits by AlgorithmX2.
The mod allows you to export Chisels & Bits blocks or designs (since v0.4) as a descriptive file for the OpenComputers 3D printer and works client-side only.
There are two prominent advantages of a 3D print over the Chisels & Bits block:
- 3D prints have some features C&B blocks don't. First and foremost, they can have two states. Depending on the settings, you can emulate the behaviour of a door, switch or button. Second they can be set to emit light, no matter what they are made from. Finally you can set collision for each state. For more information install the print3d-examples package via oppm and look at the example file (/usr/share/models/example.3dm).
- Since the 3D printer is available in OpenComputers for Minecraft 1.7.10, this mod allows you, within limits, to port your Chisel & Bits creations back to 1.7.10
- If you port a design to 1.7.10 you will probably have to manually adjust the textures in the file. Textures are also not guaranteed to work 1.9 -> 1.8.
- [1.9+] Minecraft 1.9 removed the method I used to read the color of FlatColoredBlocks blocks, so I now have to specifically code for the mod. This can break at any update to FlatColoredBlocks but shouldn't cause crashes, only missing tint specification
- [v0.4] Designs are now supported for export, rotation is ignored though. Negative Designs are intentionally disabled, for the purposed of this mod they hold no useful information
- [v0.4] Partial fluid bit support is now available. This is limited by the capabilities of 3d prints, the fluid will not be semi-transparent and you can only use either the still or flowing texture
- By default the OpenComputers 3D printer only allows 24 shapes. The mod tries to minimize the number of shapes, but complex blocks will probably go beyond that easily. The limit can be changed in the OpenComputers configuration file (maxShapes in the printer section)
How to install Mod:
(1) Install the version of Minecraft Forge that corresponds with the mod
(2) Download the Mod.
(3) Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
(4) Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
(5) Start Minecraft and enjoy!
For Minecraft 1.7.10 (updating)
For Minecraft 1.8, 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.9, 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.10
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11 (updating)
You may find in this article
- minecraft chisels a bits mod 1,7,10